Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Be sure to click "Playlist" to view our full video library.
Treating Your Child With Advanced Diagnostics and Treatments.
Disorders affecting the chemical processes in the body can cause a child to not only have physical problems, but social and emotional ones at all. Because the body’s glands control things such as growth, sexuality, weight management and energy levels, children and young adults may end up feeling different from their friends and peers, leading to isolation and low self-esteem.
At Florida Hospital for Children, our experts in endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism are able to treat the whole child – mind, body and spirit – knowing that a single disorder can have repercussions at many levels.
If your child has endocrine issues, diabetes or metabolic disorders, you can trust Florida Hospital for Children to provide expert care on all levels. Our specially trained staff includes pediatric diabetes educators, a dietitian and a support team with an expertise in diabetes, obesity, failure to thrive and metabolic problems. Our special brand of care is very patient-centric, putting you and your child first in everything we do.
We make sure you understand everything about your treatment. To help you stay on track with appointments, tests and consultations, we offer the services of our Children’s Care Coordinator free of charge. The Coordinator serves as your concierge, ensuring you are aware of all appointments and providing you with the most up-to-date information available regarding your child’s disorder, including available clinical trials.
Common endocrine, diabetes and metabolic health issues treated at Florida Hospital for Children include:
- Adrenal gland hypo/hyper function
- Ambiguous genitals/intersex
- Diabetes in childhood and adolescence
- Early or delayed puberty
- Enlarged thyroid gland (goiter)
- Growth problems
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Pituitary disorders
- Problems with vitamin D (rickets, hypocalcemia)
- Thyroid disorders
Trust the Endocrinology Experts
Our Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism program is known for:
- Advanced diagnostics and therapies, ensuring that your child has the best chance of leading a normal, healthy life.
- Compassionate, highly trained professionals who put you and your child at the center of everything we do. They understand the unique physiology of children and young adults and will go out of their way to help you make informed decisions regarding care.
- An experienced support team that is multidisciplinary in its approach to diagnosing and treating health issues related to the endocrine system, diabetes and metabolism.